1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Rooms Worthing, is the Data Controller (contact details below).
This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Rooms Worthing complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To administer an interest
• To manage our employees
• To maintain our own accounts and records
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Rooms Worthing
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Legitimate interest of the data subject (the individual) allows us to keep you informed about news, events, activities and services.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law;
• There is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
We will only share your data with third parties outside of Rooms Worthing with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
As stated in the Rooms Worthing Data Protection Policy, every year, a review and refresh of personal data will be carried out by employees and Directors. Any personal data that is inaccurate or no longer required will be amended or deleted as appropriate.
Membership data will be kept while it is still current.
Financial records are kept for a period of 6 years after the year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Rooms Worthing holds about you;
• The right to request that Rooms Worthing corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Rooms Worthing to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing.
• The right to object to the processing of personal data.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. Contact details for the ICO are shown below.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Val John by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Rooms.Worthing does not resolve the matter to your satisfaction you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Rooms Worthing. A Private Limited Company by guarantee, registered in England No. 11750254.